I mean think about it. How many times has Thanksgiving rolled around and all of a sudden you remember that you are thankful for your family, friends, health...etc. However, as soon as Thanksgiving is over, we immediately go back to our busy lives and no longer speak of how grateful we are. It really bothers me that we are not thankful for all of these blessings every single day of our lives. We take one day out of the year to express our gratitude for all that we have been given, when in reality we should be on our knees thanking our Heavenly Father every chance we get.
Just think of how much better our world would be if we expressed our gratitude or thanks more often. The problem is that we take all of these blessings for granted. I absolutely can't imagine life without my family and friends. I can't imagine life without having my Savior on my side. I can't imagine life without my health. However, I am just as guilty as the next person about not thanking these individuals more often.
I encourage everyone to really think about what you are thankful for. It might help to even make a list. Then make time to really express your thanks to those people whether it be our Lord Jesus Christ or family and friends. Don't allow Thanksgiving to start and end on Thursday. You can begin today and make it last all year.
--What if today we were thankful for everything??--

No comments:
Post a Comment